We are proud to introduce our crowdfunding campaign for Pride 2018, Mumbai’s 10th Pride March! So please contribute, support and share! Every contribution is important, and will help us make pride bigger and louder than the previous years.
Themed #377QuitIndia #377भारतछोड़ो, we at Queer Azaadi Mumbai are launching a second Quit India Movement as a part of the march to be held on 3rd of February 2018, where we urge the Supreme Court to rid India of the draconian law; Section 377.
Time to assemble: 3:00 PM.
March begins: 4:00 PM.
March route: From August Kranti Maidan to Opera House to Kennedy Bridge and back to August Kranti Maidan. Click here for the Route.
Who will lead us: The QAM banner and the giant Pride Flag.
Where to assemble: At August Kranti Maidan. Collect your posters and banner that you would like to march with and get your mini Pride Flags.
How do we know that the march has begun: The banner and the flag start marching. The security volunteers will start telling you to join in the march behind the flag.
What Happens next: Nashik dhols start at the Nana Chowk and the march has begun.
On arrival back at August Kranti Maidan: Talk, have fun, disperse in a while and then join the Post Pride Party
We would need to follow some basic guidelines. Please take note of the same.
1. The Queer Azaadi March timings are officially from 3 PM to 6 PM.
2. The march participants can begin assembling outside August Kranti Maidan from 3 PM onwards.
3. Starting 3 PM, there will be speeches on the podium by community members and supporters.
4. Pride Posters and flags will be distributed by the volunteers to all Pride March participants.
5. At 4 pm sharp the march will begin with the spreading of the Pride flag.
6. The Pride March route is August Kranti Maidan-Nana Chowk-Grant Road Bridge-Lamington Road-Opera House-Kennedy Bridge-Nana Chowk and back to August Kranti Maidan.
7. Post reaching August Kranti Maidan, balloons will be released along with pride ribbons (This activity is to be completed in 15 mins).
8. Post completion of this activity, the participants are requested to disperse from the location.
9. Please note that we cannot march towards Girgaum Chowpatty from Opera House, as per instructions from the Police.
10. Smoking, alcohol, and substance abuse is strictly prohibited.
11. While dressing colourfully is encouraged, please use your own good judgment in your dressing or behaviour, that it does not offend anyone.
12. Do not dress up as a political icon, historical figure as this may be objected by the authorities.
13. Please keep the march route clean, do not litter, seek the Green Team for discarding dry waste.